Dr. Jaume Crespí
Medical License No.: 08/38685
Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery, awarded by the University of Barcelona (UB) in 2003. Ophthalmology Internal Medicine Resident training at Sant Pau Hospital (2004-2008). Doctor of Medicine, awarded by the UB in 2005. Associate Physician at the Ophthalmology Department of Sant Pau Hospital.
Member of the Retina and Vitreous Unit Collaborator at the Eye Trauma Unit since 2007.
Areas of interest:
All conditions related to medical-surgical retina and age-related macular degeneration (ARMD), as well as cataract surgery.
- Member of the Catalan Ophthalmology Society.
- Member of the Spanish Society of Retina and Vitreous (SERV).
- Member of EURETINA.
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery, awarded by the University of Barcelona (UB). 1997-2003. Grade: 2.5
- Erasmus university exchange at Freie Universität Berlin / Benjamin Franklin Hospital, Germany, 03/2002 – 08/2002
- OPHTHALMOLOGY Internal Medicine Resident Specialist Degree, awarded by the UAB-Santa Creu i Sant Pau Hospital, 2003-2007.
- Doctoral studies in Medicine and Surgery at the UAB 1-Research Competence: “Changes in IOP following TED treatment”. Qualification: Excellent 2-Doctoral thesis (ongoing): “Application of combined therapy in retinal angiomatous proliferation (RAP): a prospective, randomised study”. Director: PhD, Dr J.A. Buil Calvo
- 2008 “European Board of Ophthalmology” grant: Fellowship in Ocular Oncology at Helsinki Eye Hospital.
Current professional situation:
- Associate Physician at the Retina-Vitreous Unit of ICO from 2007-present
- Associate Physician at the Ophthalmology Department of Sant Pau Hospital (Retina Section) 2007-present.
- Principal Investigator and Co-Investigator in numerous clinical trials related to new intraocular therapies: PERSPECTIVES STUDY (Macugen), LUMINOUS (Lucentis), CONSTANCE (Ozurdex), etc.
- Speaker at various national and international conferences
- Repositioning of dexamethasone intravitreal implant (Ozurdex(®)) migrated into the anterior chamber. Int Ophthalmol. 2012 Dec;32(6):583-4. Vela JI, Crespí J, Andreu D.
- A novel mutation confirms MFRP as the gene causing the Syndrome of Nanophthalmos-Retinitis Pigmentosa-Foveoschisis-Optic Disk Drusen. Am J Ophthalmol. 2008 Aug;146(2):323-328 Crespí J, Buil JA, Zenteno JC.
- Intraocular pressure after treatment for thyroid-associated ophthalmopathy. Arch Soc Esp Ophthalmol. 2007 Nov. Crespí J, Rodriguez F., Buil JA.
Articles published on this website
- Age-related macular degeneration – ARMD
- Intravitreal injections
- Macular hole
- Fluorescein angiography (FA)
- Anti-VEGF drugs