Dr. Manuel Romera
Medical license number: 08/35167
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from the Central University of Venezuela, 1998. Magna cum laude honours and special end-of-degree prize from the Faculty of Medicine. Prizes in Physiological Sciences, Biochemistry and Immunology.
- Ophthalmology Specialist Training at Hospital de Vall d'Hebrón, 2000-2004.
- Master in Immunology from the Autonomous University of Barcelona, 2001. Certificate of Research Proficiency.
Areas of interest:
- Oculoplastic surgery, eyelid and ocular surface reconstruction surgery.
- Nasolacrimal duct surgery.
- Orbital surgery.
Usual medical and surgical activity:
- Eyelid malposition surgery: ptosis, eyelid retraction, entropion, ectropion, congenital eyelid defects.
- Reconstructive eye surgery in facial paralysis.
- Reconstructive surgery following orbital trauma and eye burns.
- Ocular surface reconstruction procedures: dermal and mucosal grafts, amniotic membrane graft.
- Management of anophthalmic socket, enucleation, evisceration and ocular prostheses.
- Dacryocystorhinostomy, repair of nasolacrimal duct lesions and paediatric nasolacrimal intubation.
- Orbital tumours and thyroid-related orbitopathy.
- Evaluation and diagnosis of neurological diseases with visual impairment: optic neuropathies, oculomotor nerve palsy, disorders of the pupil, brain lesions, intracranial hypertension.
- Assessment of magnetic resonance and computed axial tomography images of the central nervous system and orbits.
- 31 publications in national and international journals.
- 44 presentations at courses, congresses and symposiums.
- 64 communications at congresses and symposiums.
- Scientific digital illustration, medical illustration and graphic design applied to biomedical sciences.