Dra. Cristina Vendrell
Medical License Number: 08/27878
Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery, awarded by the Autonomous University of Barcelona in 1990 Graduate from the Faculty of Medicine at the Autonomous University of Barcelona in March 1991 Research Competence obtained in June 1993. Doctoral Courses 1992-93.
Ophthalmologist, member of the Cornea and Ocular Surface Unit, runs the Dry Eye Area.
- Specialist training period in Ophthalmology at the Barraquer Institute (COB) “Professional School of Ophthalmology Specialisation” in Barcelona, 1990-1993.
- Medical Degree, Ophthalmology Internal Medicine Resident (1994-1997) at San Millán-San Pedro de Logroño Hospital (La Rioja).
- Qualification Certificate to practice as a General Medical Physician within the Spanish National Health System, as well as in the Social Security Public Systems of the other member states of the European Community, obtained on 14 October 1994.
Areas of interest
Glaucoma and ocular-surface diseases, particularly dry eye, its differential diagnosis and treatment.
- Associate Physician at Mataró Health Consortium (1998-1999).
- Associate Physician at the Glaucoma Department of Viladecans Hospital (March 1998 to present).
- Associate Physician at Creu Roja Hospital (2000).
- Associate Physician at Institut Comtal d’Oftalmologia (ICO) since January 2013 (Dry Eye Unit).
Cataracts, pterygium, glaucoma, YAG laser, Argon laser, dry eye syndrome surgery, etc.
- Catalan Ophthalmology Society.
- Spanish Glaucoma Society.
- Collaborator in the Spanish Multicentre Genetic Glaucoma Group Cohort (EMEIGG).
- Collaborator since 1998 in specialist Ophthalmology training for Family and Community Medicine residents associated with the Costa de Ponent Teaching Unit.
- International communications: 13.
- National communications: 28.
- Publications in national journals: 3.
- Speaker at training courses: 9
- FIS grant: 1
- Collaborator in the EMEIGG group.
Attendance at courses, seminars and conferences.
Articles published on this website
- Dry eye