Dra. Elena Millá
Medical license number: 28360
Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from UB in 1991. Ophthalmology Specialty Training at Bellvitge University Hospital (formerly Ciudad Sanitaria y Universitaria de Bellvitge) (1992-1995). Doctor of Medicine from the University of Lausanne in 1996 and recognised by UB in 1997.
Consultant within the Ophthalmology Department at Hospital Clínic de Barcelona. Associate Professor at the University of Barcelona.
Working in the Trauma Unit since 2004. Director of the permanent A&E Department from 2008 to 2013.
Ophthalmology specialist training at the University of Barcelona. Specialty training at Bellvitge University Hospital 1991-1995. Doctor of Medicine from the University of Lausanne (Switzerland). Doctoral thesis winner of the Marc Dufour prize in 1999 awarded by the university for the best thesis of the year.
- Specialist doctor in the ICO Glaucoma Unit.
- Head of the ICO Genetics Unit.
- Consultant at Hospital Clínic de Barcelona. Ophthalmology Department, Glaucoma Unit.
- Associate Professor of Ophthalmology at the University of Barcelona from September 2006 to date.
- Registrar tutor at Hospital Clínic de Barcelona.
- Involvement in specialty training at Hospital Clínic de Barcelona.
- Fellowship at Jules Gonin de Lausanne Hospital, Switzerland 1996-1998.
- Member of the August Pi i Sunyer Biomedical Research Institute (IDIBAPS), Hospital Clínic de Barcelona from September 2009 to date.
- Member of the Cooperative Health Research Thematic Networks (RETICS) project.
- Collaborator in six FIS projects (medical research) of the Carlos III Health Institute.
- Winner of the Catalan Society of Ophthalmology scholarship in 2006.
- Participation in numerous clinical trials as principal investigator and on advisory boards.
- Publication of articles in national and international journals with impact factor and chapters of books as well as numerous appearances as a speaker at different congresses and symposiums.
- Prizes from the Swiss Society of Ophthalmology for a communication and from the American Academy of Ophthalmology for two communications (Best Poster Award and Best Paper of Session).