Dra. Susana Duch
Medical license number: 20222
Works in the Ocular Genetics Unit and is Scientific Director of the group.
Since March 2010, Susana Duch has been representative of the Healthcare Services sector of the Barcelona Chamber of Commerce through the Condal Institute of Ophthalmology.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from the Autonomous University of Barcelona, 1983.
- Ophthalmology Specialty Training at Bellvitge University Hospital (formerly Ciudad Sanitaria y Universitaria de Bellvitge) (1984-1987).
- Doctor of Medicine from the University of Barcelona (1995).
- Postgraduate Glaucoma training at University of California, San Francisco (1990 and 1993).
- Certificate of Research Proficiency from the University of Barcelona (2000).
- Associate Professor in Ophthalmic Pathology at the Faculty of Ophthalmology of the University of Barcelona (1992-1999).
- Associate Professor in Ophthalmology at the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Barcelona. (1999- 2004).
- Responsible for Ophthalmology Specialty Training for Occupational Medicine Registrars at the “Mateu Orfila” Teaching Unit and member of the advisory board of this teaching unit. June 2006-2010.
- Chair of the Training Commission of the Barcelona Chamber of Commerce, 2010-2014.
- Head and teacher of Ophthalmology for the Master in Occupational Health of the Department of Experimental and Health Sciences. Pompeu Fabra University since 2008.
- Director of Open Clinical Sessions at CEM, 2005-2013.
- Specialist of the Glaucoma Unit at Bellvitge University Hospital (formerly Ciudad Sanitaria y Universitaria de Bellvitge) (1988-2004).
- Founder of the Condal Institute of Ophthalmology in 1989.
- Medical Director of the Ocular Trauma Unit - ASEPEYO, 1989-2010.
- Director of the Glaucoma Unit of the Condal Institute of Ophthalmology since 1989.
Areas of interest:
- Anterior Segment Pathology: Cornea, Cataracts and Glaucoma, with special interest in Glaucoma and Ocular Trauma.
- Particular interest in Advanced Glaucoma surgery.
- Member of the Catalan Society of Ophthalmology
- Member of the Spanish Ophthalmology Society
- Member of the Spanish Glaucoma Society
- Member of the European Glaucoma Society
- Member of ARVO - The Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology
- Collaborator in two FIS grants (992 and 1210)
- Participation in twelve clinical trials, nine as principal investigator
Presentations and Courses at Ophthalmology Congresses and Symposiums:
- 235 national and 37 international presentations
- 21 video surgeries and live surgery courses
Publications and books:
- 33 national and international publications within the field of Ophthalmology.
- 28 chapters of Ophthalmology books.